Design issues

Forum Forum General Design issues

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Chiranjib Sur 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Nitin Garg
    Participant

It has design issues charger may not work with steel straps, no proper position to put on charger as steel strap is continuous. Very thick design not really unisex design;my wife didn’t like. App is still not available not even beta, which is scary 🙁

• This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  Nitin Garg.
    • This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by  Nitin Garg.

Blink Team
    Keymaster

Hi Nitin, thanks for the message. We completely understand and appreciate your concerns.
    – The charging dock is designed to stay between the watch base and strap for a looped strap. While it might be more ideal for open ended straps, this is to retain uniformity of design and efficient charging.
    – The Blink watch is 11.2mm thick which is comparatively lower than most smartwatches in the market with the existing features.
    – The app is currently being updated on our server and you should be able to download it for your Android and iOS devices in a few hours’ time.

Vikram
    Participant

Hi Nitin, so cann’t we charge for steel type modules ? Blink team can you please clarify

Blink Team
      Keymaster

Hi Vikram, you can definitely charge all the variants (irrespective of steel, leather or sport) with the charging dock that goes with your watch. The experience around charging a leather strap watch (since it has open straps and can lay flat) is slightly different from charging watches with metal strap (where the dock stays between the base and strap).

Nitin Garg
        Participant

@vikram-kandukuri ,It’s first comment, I opened the box today itself and had to swap the strap to sports one (which is given extra) to move on. May be I need to do some engineering with charging docking station so that watch can be connected properly with it.

Nitin Garg
    Participant

Blink team, I would suggest to fix this problem on priority and please stop shipping watches until stable app is available over AppStore/ playstore. Thickness is definitely an issue as watch is circular if it would be rectangular like iwatch you have more space inside watch and hide sharp edges.

Prasanna Venkatesh
      Participant

I myself got this watch on thursday as a first customer and i am very lucky to share that the spec and build quality is at par with any prime watches. The watch i got had 7% power and i could easily charge it with the dock. I never had issues.

Nitin Garg
    Participant

Steel?

Vikram
    Participant

Can some one share pics / un boxing video please….

Chiranjib Sur
    Participant

My watch doesn’t even charge more than 63-64% even if I keep that on the dock (proper position with all pin connected!) for days!!

And the watch shuts down due to no battery charge left even the counter shows still 36% charge remaining!

I tried upgrading the OS to Marvin 2.0 but the problem persists.

Earlier the battery was dead and the watch was not charging. The Blink team did a pickup to repair that and I am facing the next set of issues in 3 months from the repair.

Strange thing and very very frustrating.

Chiranjib
    —-
    Specs : Blink watch with leather strap
    Using since Jan 2017

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.