Good enhancements 2.0 and anybody facing these bugs?

Forum Forum General Good enhancements 2.0 and anybody facing these bugs?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Aravind V 5 months ago.

• Author

Aravind V
    Participant

Anybody facing these issues after updating?
    PS: All watch apps are updated, Bluetooth tethering is ON.

Bugs I’m still facing:

ALARM app showing nothing. Just black window with Alarm title on the top.
    Major lags between transitions and going back to previous window. Overall lags after the update
    Calendar sync fails. I have added few reminders in my phone and it’s not showing in watch.
    Distance calculations via voice only works with major cities. Tried many but fails even though it correctly detects the location.
    Call accepting still takes more clicks and some times fails. No vibration for incoming calls.(Only chimes)
    “Hey marvin” feature doesn’t work. (Have to say marvin voice works very well than before) Bluetooth tethering is needed for voice control.
    No offline voice commands for opening apps,reminders,alarms.
    Message replies works only once with same contact. After that I have to wait to get reply from them to reply back. Means not possible to send multiple replies at same time.
    Watch face showing one faded round button on the bottom. It vanishes after swiping anywhere. What’s that meant for?

Personally I like the enhancements in Marvin Os 2.0 even though there’s nothing new in terms of apps and features like initiating calls from watch, Phonebook, Keyboard, more quick replies, image viewer, sleep tracking etc.

Yatin Angara
    Participant

I am facing all of the issues that you mentioned @aravindov and even more of them.
    I cannot take calls on the watch as the other person cannot hear my voice and just hear some very disturbing noise!
    I cannot connect the watch to any bluetooth audio device!
    And also the watch is now lagging a lot!
    @admin

Aravind V
      Participant

Reply from Blink team. Hold on guys they will release next update soon. Check these replies..
      1. ALARM window showing nothing. Just black window with Alarm title on the top.

We have fixed this and a few other bugs, and are in the process of updating the watch app.

2. Major lags between transitions and going back to previous window. Overall lags after the update

We are looking into this. Please give us a week to fix this.

3. Calendar sync fails. I have added few reminders in my phone and it’s not showing in watch.

We currently support only event syncing. If any calendar event in your signed in Google Calendar account is not reflecting, you can:
      1. Wait for a few minutes. Sometimes google sends us an event a bit late
      2. Disable and enable your timeline.

4. Distance calculations via voice only works with major cities. Tried many but fails even though it correctly detects the location.

Can you please help us with a few voice commands you tried. Marvin is learning everyday and we will check out why it failed in your case?

Call accepting still takes more clicks and some times fails. No vibration for incoming calls.(Only chimes)

The call initiation on the watch takes a few seconds. We are working on reducing this latency, but the latency helps us check for a lot of things before we accept the call on the watch. The vibration should work unless it is disabled in the settings OR you are on low power mode.

“Hey marvin” feature doesn’t work &
      Watch face showing one faded round button on the bottom. It vanishes after swiping anywhere. What’s that meant for?

Here is how Hey Marvin works.

Wrist Up/Double Tap to wake screen > A circular marvin will appear on the screen in 1-4 seconds. > Say ‘Marvin’ or ‘Hey Marvin’ and Marvin will jump up to start listening with “Hey there. How can I help?” > Say your voice command!

Message replies only works once with same contact. After that we have to wait to get reply from them to reply back. Means not possible to send multiple replies at same time.

We are looking into this. Please give us a week to fix this.

PS: All watch apps are updated, Bluetooth tethering is connected.

Upcoming features which we are already working on for next release:
      1. Call initiation with number dial, contact list and voice commands
      2. Music player support beyond Google Play Music for Android devices
      3. SOS
      4. More Quick Replies
      5. Image Viewer
      6. Fitness Water Tracking

Just give us 2-3 week to roll out the next stable update.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.