Watch faces

Forum Forum Software Watch faces

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Blink Team 6 days, 9 hours ago.

• Author

Vinod Pillai
    Participant

There are just five watch faces, and all black background, no colour and very poor outdoor visibility. Actually very disappointing selection and uninspiring at work. One of the things about the smart watch is the wide selection of watch faces and the ability to change it. Is this going to change our are we stuck with this bland set of watch faces.

Blink Team
    Keymaster

Hi Vikram, thanks for the message. We will soon be releasing a software update by the end of week (18th Dec) with a much improved experience, fixes, added applications (features) and a whole new set of lively watch-faces. You will be able to update the same from the paired mobile app itself.

Ankush
    Participant

Hey Vinod, Can you please tell me how did you change the watchfaces? I cant seem to find that option at all. Is it on phone or the watch itself?

I am an Android smartphone user.

Jacob Shetty
    Participant

Hey Ankush from the home screen (on the watch face) press and hold for about 5 seconds until you see the selection option and then move up and down using the bezels moves and select the desired face…. There you go…. Be Happy!

Ankush
      Participant

OMG that was soo simple! I hope in future they add local customizations like individual features on a watch face!

Jiju Joseph
    Participant

Blink Team, please add your logo to the watch faces – a good marketing strategy 🙂
    Also, why don’t you guys announce the users to create a few faces and may be a contest too. I am sure we have quite a lot of capable people around.

Ankur Pandya
      Participant

why don’t you guys announce the users to create a few faces and may be a contest too

Good Idea @stanisjj

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by  Ankur Pandya.

MahendraSonwane
        Participant

I do really agree. Let the user have some way to create watch faces for blink. The blink team may have their own process whether they can accept the design or not, if yes, a particular user made watch face gets added in the existing downloadable collection for public access.
        I was looking myself as if i could create a face by my own in some way, but couldnt find any links to start with.

Shashank Tantri
    Participant

@admin The new watch faces are good!!! Keep up the good work .

Blink Team
      Keymaster

Thank you for the suggestion, Mahendra.

We shall have it communicated to the team to act upon it. Currently, in the October update we are going to introduce a feature wherein you can use any picture in your phone as your Watchface.

hrish jo
    Participant

@ shashank how you got new watch faces?.. i did not recieve any update

Shashank Tantri
      Participant

@ hrish jo. I have got 2 updates in the past 3..4 days n have got atleast 6..7 new watch faces nw… a few colourful ones too!Iam not sure if the faces are pushed along with the blink app updates or the watch is using the tethering to rcv these ???!!

Ulhas Deshmukh
    Participant

didn’t received any new watch faces with app update dated 19/12 having version 1.0.4?
    can you please let us know in which version the watch faces are available?

Ulhas Deshmukh
      Participant

Got the new faces after I have Switch Off and On the watch after uploading update.
      Pleas add this step to your email instructions.

vebs
        Participant

Hi Ulhas
        I do update as per their update process email and also restart watch plus power off and power on watch, but still there are 8 watch-faces only ( which were there before) . How much do you have?
        In app there are at bottom 3 icons (completely black)..Fitness /watchfaces / marvin voice.

So can you confirm watch faces?…there is no digital watch face. Do you have any?

Thanks

Rajesh Munjuluri
        Participant

Hi Vebs,

I did the steps mentioned by them and at the end restarted my watch 3 times to see the new changes. No digital watch faces for sure, but more analog faces (15+) i think have been added.

vebs
    Participant

Yes…I got them now 🙂
    I reinstall app on phone and it download launcher file automatically
    Now its working with cool watch faces….Digital watch-face missing. I know it will arrive in upgrade . Good going BLINK TEAM

Jiju Joseph
    Participant

Received a call from Blink Team and confirmed there are no digital watch faces on this update, but promised to have it in the subsequent weekly updates. Currently the team is working specifically on analog faces and soon will have the digital faces.
    New update has incorporated few more analog faces, some of them are cool.
    Battery performance improved slightly, I am sure it will get better and better over the updates.
    Blink Team promised Marvin to be more comprehensive and stable OS than the android wear in the future. I feel we should give more time and all that they need now is our support.
    Cheers!!!

John
    Participant

Blink Team, Please consider having personal favorite collection of watch faces so that we can quickly change and not go thru all faces every time. Some option to choose and access the favorite section would be great.

Also having watch faces with date would be good.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.