Why my Blink GO and phone are not getting connected?
Blink GO and your phone gets connected through Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology with the Blink Fit App. The following could be the reasons why your fitness band and phone are not connecting:
- Out of range: Ensure that your Blink GO is fully-charged & in close proximity to your phone while pairing. Your band and phone will stay connected if they are within 15 feet of each other.
- Bluetooth is off: If the Bluetooth on your phone is turned off or the fitness band is switched off, the app and Blink GO will get disconnected.
- App is terminated: If the app is terminated manually or by the system, the band and phone will get disconnected.
Note: In phones, like Xiaomi and One Plus, the phone terminates the app in the background to optimize battery. Please ensure you lock the app for the app to keep running
- The app is missing the required permissions: Revoking specific permissions from the app can lead to a disconnection between your band and phone.
How to ensure that phone and fitness band stay connected?
You can ensure that your phone and band are seamlessly connected:
- Bluetooth should be enabled on your phone: For your phone and band to be connected, it is necessary that Bluetooth on your phone is enabled.
- GPS/Location services and Location permission should be enabled: Please ensure that Location/GPS is enabled on the phone. Also, please check if location permission is enabled on the phone. To check whether location permission is enabled or not, go to your phone’s Settings > Apps > Blink Fit > Permission > Location.
- If your Band is connected to another device: If your Band is connected to some other device, please disconnect the two and then pair it with the device you intend to use with the fitness band.
Also, it is important for the app to be running in the background. At any point for uninterrupted connectivity between the app and the fitness band, please ensure you do not kill the app, irrespective of being an Android or an iOS user.